Consider the following scenario:
- On a Windows 7-based computer, you click Share your desktop, and then share your primary monitor.
- While the primary monitor is still being shared, you click Share your desktop, and then share a secondary monitor.
- To fix this issue in Skype for Business 2016 MSI, install the January 3, 2017, update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB3128049) or a later update.
- To fix this issue in Skype for Business 2016 C2R, update the program to build 16.0.7369.2090 or a later build.
To work around this issue, switch to a secondary monitor. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Stop Sharing on the primary monitor.
- Click Share your desktop, and then select a secondary monitor.
This is a known issue in Skype for Business. Microsoft is working to resolve this issue.
Article ID: 3205713 - Last Review: 26 Apr 2017 - Revision: 2
Skype for Business Online, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Premium