Note Lync 2013 was upgraded to Skype for Business in April 2015.
To enable functionality that ignores specific credential from credential manager, you need to add the UseFallbackLogicForExchangePhotoSMTP registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search Windows box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\username@sipdomain
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseFallbackLogicForExchangePhotoSMTP, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click UseFallbackLogicForExchangePhotoSMTP, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0x00000000, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3207075 - Last Review: 13 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1