- Multiple users have the same database file open.
- The Compact On Close database setting is selected.
- The Track name AutoCorrect info and Perform name AutoCorrect database settings are both selected.
- The form or report object you’re trying to open contains an embedded macro within a control or form event.
In this situation, Access tries to save the changes but cannot gain exclusive access to the object.
- Use the split database approach so that each user has a local copy of the front-end database. For more information, see Split an Access database.
- Clear the Compact On Close check box at File -> Options -> Current Database –> Application Options.
- Clear the Perform Name AutoCorrect check box at File -> Options -> Current Database -> Name AutoCorrect Options.
- Remove embedded macros from the form, or report and replace them with either named macros or VBA event procedures.
Article ID: 3207256 - Last Review: 28 Nov 2016 - Revision: 1