Msg 105005, Level 16, State 1, Server [Server name], Line 1CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE AS SELECT statement failed as the path name 'wasbs://[Container name]@[Storage name].blob.core.windows.net/[Location name]' could not be used for export. Please ensure that the specified path is a directory which exists or can be created, and that files can be created in that directory.
- Network failure when you try to access the Azure blob storage on the required network ports
- The configuration of the Azure storage account
- Network requirements:
- Allow local firewall ports 80 and 443 outbound to *.blob.core.windows.net from CTL01 node through provided internet connectivity.
- Storage account requirements:
- Make sure that the storage account is configured as a standard storage account that uses either of the following storage replication options (Classic or Resource Manager based):
- Standard Locally Redundant Storage (Standard-LRS)
- Standard Geo-Redundant Storage (Standard-GRS)
- For Resource Manager based storage accounts:
- Configure the account for "General Purpose."
When you use Resource Manager Based storage accounts, make sure that the account is configured for "General Purpose." If you use "Blob Store," an error message will be returned.
Article ID: 3210540 - Last Review: 24 Jan 2017 - Revision: 19