New features introduced in Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update 1.12Update 1.12 introduces the following features:
- Tag authors with custom tags
You can now tag any author with custom tags and filter by these tags. This means you can now segment authors in any of our apps by using filtering. For example, create a stream for posts from your group of "brand advocates", or use Analytics to see how the tone of "industry leads" authors changed.
To tag an author, open the author details view (now available for any source), and then click the Add button. This is similar to how you tag posts. You can see author tags in post details, and in posts list as icons.
Note that it will take some time for these changes to author tags to appear in all posts. New posts from authors will get author tags directly when the posts are acquired. Author details for Twitter authors will continue to show additional details.
- Increase engagement by using Disqus
Microsoft Social Engagement introduces Disqus as an additional data source. Disqus is used by millions of websites, including blogs and news sites, to allow comments and discussions by users on relevant topics. Disqus is available as a self-service source in Microsoft Social Engagement and allows users to gather relevant data by defining keyword search topics.
Issues that are resolved in Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update 1.12
In addition to the new features, Update 1.12 addresses the following issues and improvements:
- Fixed an issue where custom sources deleted or edited by the user were not correctly updated, and therefore delivering no data or wrong data.
- Fixed and issue with incorrect Avatars on Instagram social profiles.
- Improved experience when working with custom tags. When adding a new tag on a posts, a feedback that a new tag will be created is surfaced to the user before saving.
- Fixed several issues with incorrect localization of UI strings.
- Fixed an issue on Analytics/Sentiment where dates in sentiment history chart where cut off.
- Fixed a layout issue on MSE help center page.
- Fixed an issue in social center where post lists automatically scrolled to the bottom after a bulk action on several posts. Scrolling behavior is now as expected when editing several posts.
Article ID: 3211912 - Last Review: 8 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1