Issues that are fixed
- The Self Service Portal adds the wrong user in the CreatedBy and AffectedUser fields when a request is created. This issue occurs when the Service Manager database has users from different domains but that have the same user name.
- Requests that are created through the Self Service Portal always have the Source field of the work item set as Portal, and the Status field set as New. These values are not overwritten when a template or Request Offering input mapping is applied.
- The Self Service Portal does not display the full name of users (such as the reviewers list for Review Activity and implementer for Manual Activity) but instead displays only the Domain\Username information for the user.
- The Request Offering form crashes if it contains an empty Simple List.
How to obtain and install hotfix 3214755 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Self Service Portal
Before the installation
Before you apply this hotfix, you must back up the Web.config and Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml files from your Self Service Portal installation path.
To install this update, follow these steps:
- Download the Service Manager Self Service Portal hotfix file to a target folder on the server that hosts your Service Manager Self Service Portal.
- Open the target folder, and then right-click the downloaded Service Manager Self Service Portal hotfix file.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
After the installation
After you apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Restore the Web.config and Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml files, which you backed up before the installation, to your Self Service Portal installation path.
- Restart the server that hosts your portal IIS server.
Verify the installation
To verify the successful installation of this update, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
- Click View Installed Updates.
- The installation succeeded if the following is listed on your Self Service Portal server:
Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager R2 Self Service Portal (KB3214755)
Files updated in this hotfix