This update fixes the following issue:
- When you use the fread() function to read data from a pipe in Windows Vista Service Pack 2, the runtime program may omit line feed (LF) characters between lines and cause corrupted output.
Method 1: Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then click Action.
- Click Import Updates.
- WSUS will open a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. You must install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Type 3217877 into the Search box, and then click Search.
- Locate the update packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Click Add to add these to your basket.
- When you have selected all the packages that you need, click View Basket.
- Click Import to import the packages into your WSUS server.
- Click Close to return to WSUS after the packages are imported.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
Article ID: 3217877 - Last Review: 18 Apr 2017 - Revision: 19