Before you set up voice recognition, make sure you have a microphone set up.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language > Speech.
- Under Microphone, select the Get started button.
You can teach Windows 10 to recognize your voice. Here's how to set it up:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Speech Recognition, and then select Windows Speech Recognition in the list of results.
- If you don't see a dialog box that says "Welcome to Speech Recognition Voice Training," then in the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel, and select Control Panel in the list of results. Then select Ease of Access > Speech Recognition > Train your computer to understand you better.
- Follow the instructions to set up speech recognition.