Improvements and fixes
This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4034670 (released August 15, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
- Addressed issue where applications that have LDAP referral chasing options enabled use a TCP dynamic port connection that doesn’t close until the applications close or the calling OS restarts. With sufficient time and volume, these applications may completely consume all TCP dynamic ports. If that occurs, network communications will fail for any protocol or operation that uses dynamic ports. This issue was introduced by the July and August 2017 cumulative updates, starting with KB4025337 and KB4025341.
- Updates to Internet Explorer 11’s navigation bar with search box.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where undo is broken if character conversion is canceled using IME.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where graphics render incorrectly.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where the Delete key functioned improperly.
- Addressed issue where UI elements, including menu bars, are missing from Windows and Java applications running on computers with multiple monitors (multimon).
- Addressed issue where the WordPad application can sometimes crash on launch. The was a known issue first reported in KB4025337.
- Re-release of MS16-087- Security update for Windows print spooler components.
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Windows shell, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, Windows Virtualization, and Internet Explorer.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.