Note The release also contains updates for Windows 10 Mobile (OS Build 15063.1029) released on April 10, 2018.
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that generates an access violation on certain pages in Internet Explorer when it renders SVGs under a high load.
- Addresses an issue with printing content generated by ActiveX in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue that might cause the App-V service to stop working on an RDS server that hosts many users.
- Addresses an issue where user accounts are locked when applications are moved to a shared platform using App-V (e.g., XenApp 7.15+ with Windows Server 2016, where Kerberos authentication isn't available).
- Addresses an issue that, in some instances, prevents Internet Explorer from identifying custom controls.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Windows app platform and frameworks, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows graphics, Windows Server, Windows kernel, Windows datacenter networking, Windows wireless networking, Windows Hyper-V, and Windows virtualization and kernel.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 Feature Update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This does not apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Important When installing both the servicing stack update (SSU) (KB4093432) and the latest cumulative update (LCU) from the Microsoft Update Catalog, install the SSU before installing the LCU.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4093107.