Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Foundation Class applications that may cause applications to flicker.
- Addresses an issue where touch and mouse events were handled differently in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications that have a transparent overlay window.
- Addresses a reliability issue in applications that have extensive window nesting.
- Addresses an issue in the Universal CRT that sometimes causes the AMD64 FMOD to return an incorrect result when given very large inputs.
- Addresses an issue in the Universal CRT that causes the _get_pgmptr() function to return an empty string.
- Addresses an issue in the Universal CRT that causes isprint() to return TRUE for a tab when using the C locale.
- Addresses an issue where Microsoft Edge or other UWP applications can't perform client authentication when the private key is stored on a TPM 2.0 device.
- Addresses an issue that causes computer certificate enrollment or renewal to fail with an "Access denied" error after installing the April 2018 update. This issue occurs when the registry process has a lower process ID (PID) than all other processes except SYSTEM.
- Addresses an issue that, in some cases, failed to clear decrypted data from memory after a CAPI decryption operation was completed.
- Addresses an issue that prevented the Device Guard PackageInspector.exe application from including all the files needed for an application to run correctly once the Code Integrity policy was completed.
- Addresses an issue where not all network printers are connected after a user signs in. The HKEY_USERS\User\Printers\Connections key shows the correct network printers for the affected user; however, the missing list for network printers from this registry key isn't populated in any app, including Microsoft Notepad, or in Devices and Printers. Printers may disappear or stop functioning.
- Addresses an issue that prevents printing on a 64-bit OS when 32-bit applications impersonate other users (typically by calling LogonUser). This issue occurs after installing monthly updates starting with KB4034681, released in August 2017. To resolve the issue for the affected applications, install this update, and then do one of the following:
- Addresses an issue that causes the Wi-Fi EAP-TTLS (CHAP) authentication to fail if a user saves credential information before authentication.
- Addresses an issue that causes devices that have 802.1x Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) enabled to randomly stop working with the stop code ”0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”. The issue occurs when the kernel memory pool becomes corrupted. Crashes will generally occur in nwifi.sys.
- Addresses an issue that may remove a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) option from a reservation after changing the DHCP scope settings.
- Extends the Key Management Service (KMS) to support the upcoming Windows 10 client Enterprise LTSC and Windows Server editions. For more information, see KB4347075.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to fail to launch when using the New Application Guard Window.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, Windows no longer recognizes the Personal Information exchange (PFX) certificate that’s used for authenticating to a Wi-Fi or VPN connection. As a result, Microsoft Intune takes a long time to deliver user profiles because it doesn’t recognize that the required certificate is on the device.||This issue is resolved in KB4464218.|
How to get this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4346783.