Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4489891 (released March 12, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Addresses an issue with a Microsoft Access 97 database that stops a requested operation when a table or column has custom properties.
- Addresses an issue with Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Applications that fails to use the Japanese Era registry settings for dates in the Japanese format. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Updates time zone information for Kazakhstan.
- Updates time zone information for São Tomé and Príncipe.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from enabling gan-nen support for the Japanese Era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Improves performance related to case-insensitive string comparison functions such as _stricmp() in the Universal C Runtime.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows Server Backup to fail with the error, “0x80070006 (E_HANDLE)”.
- Addresses an issue that prevents date parsers from converting future and past dates (Gregorian and Japanese) in compound documents (formerly OLE) to a relevant Japanese Era date. For more information, see KB4469068.
Known issues in this update
After installing this update, Internet Explorer 10 and other applications that use WININET.DLL may have authentication issues. This occurs when two or more people use the same user account for multiple, concurrent login sessions on the same Windows Server machine, including Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Terminal Server logons. Symptoms reported by customers include, but may not be limited to:
This issue is resolved in KB4493451.
After installing this update, MSXML6 causes applications to stop responding if an exception was thrown during node operations, such as appendChild(), insertBefore(), and moveNode().The Group Policy editor may stop responding when editing a Group Policy Object (GPO) that contains Group Policy Preferences (GPP) for Internet Explorer 10 settings.
This issue is resolved in KB4493451.
|After installing this update, there may be issues using the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) to start a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension. This may cause the connection to the WDS server to terminate prematurely while downloading the image. This issue does not affect clients or devices that are not using Variable Window Extension.|| |
To mitigate the issue, disable the Variable Window Extension on WDS server using one of the following options:
Wdsutil /Set-TransportServer /EnableTftpVariableWindowExtension:No
Restart the WDSServer service after disabling the Variable Window Extension.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
Any compound document (OLE) server application that places embedded objects into the Windows Metafile (WMF) using the PatBlt API may display embedded objects incorrectly.For example, if you paste a Microsoft Excel worksheet object into a Microsoft Word document, the cells may render with a different background color.
|This issue is resolved in KB4493451.|
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4489920.