This article discusses the function of wildcards in Order Management in Microsoft Dynamics SL. Additionally, this article contains an example, a list of valid wildcards, and the source locations for each wildcard.
- In the Order Types (40.200.00) screen,you can specify default accounts and subaccounts for sales, line item discounts, whole order discounts, cost of goods sold, freight, and miscellaneous charges. The defaults can be actual General Ledger (GL) accounts and subaccounts or they can be wildcards.
- If you specify a wildcard, this indicates that the accounts and subaccounts will be defaulted from other screens.
- When you specify a wildcard in an account box or in a subaccount box in the Order Types (40.200.00) screen, and you use that order type to create an order, the program finds the appropriate account number and subaccount segment by finding the source location of the wildcard. If the wildcard is in the account box, the appropriate account is located. If the wildcard is in the subaccount box, the appropriate subaccount segment that corresponds to the wildcard segment is located.
- In the Order Types (40.200.00) screen for the SO (Sales Order) order type ID, you specify the following information on the Accounts tab:
- Sales Account : &CC
- Sales Sub : 00-&CC-00-00-00-0
- Sales Account : 3030
- Sales Sub : 00-999-00-00-00-0
- If the Inventory module is not installed and non-stock items are set up in the Non-Stock Item (40.235.00) screen, you cannot use the &IT, &SI, and &PL wildcards.
- The "References" section contains a list of valid wildcards and the source location for each wildcard.
|&CC||Customer Class||Accounts Receivable||Customer Class (08.290.00)||OM Defaults|
|&CU||Customer||Accounts Receivable||Customer Maintenance (08.260.00)||OM GL Accounts|
|&IC||Item GL Class||Order Management||Item GL Classes (40.240.00)|
|&IT||Inventory ID||Inventory||Inventory Items (10.250.00)||OM Accounts|
|&MI||Miscellaneous Charges||Order Management||Miscellaneous Charges (40.250.00)|
|&PL||Product Line||Inventory||Product Lines (10.286.00)|
|&SI||Inventory Site||Inventory||Sites (10.310.00)||OM Accounts|
|&SH||Customer Ship-To Address||Accounts Receivable||Shipping Address - Order Management (08.262.01)|
|&SV||Ship Via||Shared Information||Ship Via Maintenance (21.260.00)|
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 117822