When you use Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP, a SOAP exception may occur. If you click Details to view the Exception Management console, you find the following error message:
An ISO 4217 Currency Code must be three characters long; your value is
This problem occurs because a duplicate ISO currency code was set up in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Although you can create duplicate ISO currency codes in Microsoft Dynamics GP, Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP requires a unique ISO currency code for each currency in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Therefore, if you have duplicate ISO currency codes in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you cannot perform any operation that refers to currency when you use Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
To resolve this problem, change the duplicate ISO currency code in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Log on to Microsoft Dynamics GP as a user who has administrator rights.
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then click Currency.
- In the Currency Setup window, click the Lookup button on the Currency ID field.
- In the Currencies window, select the currency ID that has a duplicate ISO currency code, and then click Select.
- In the Currency Setup window, type three characters in the ISO Currency box to create a new currency code.
- Click Save.