Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHINGRAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED TO SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
When you log on to Personal Data Keeper (PDK) in Microsoft Dynamics GP or Microsoft Business Solutions – Great Plains 8.0, you receive the following error message:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)This behavior occurs after you log on to the computer by using a user account that is not the administrator.
This problem occurs when you do not have the correct permissions to the Personal Data Keeper folder.
Change the permissions to the Personal Data Keeper folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer as the administrator.
- Locate the Personal Data Keeper folder. By default, the Personal Data Keeper folder is in one of the following locations:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Personal Data Keeper
- Microsoft Business Solutions – Great Plains 8.0
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions \Personal Data Keeper
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Right-click the Personal Data Keeper folder, and then click Properties.
- Click Security.
- In the Group or user names area, click the appropriate user, and then click Advanced.
- Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to continue, click OK.
- Click OK in the Personal Data Keeper Properties window.
- Log off the computer as the administrator.
- Log on to the computer by using the user account from step 5.
DISCLAIMERMICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.