The amount in the Shipped box in the Balance area on the Customer Information tab on the Customer Maintenance (08.260.00) screen is incorrect in Microsoft Dynamics SL. This problem occurs when the customer consolidates invoices but does not accrue revenue.
The value is updated incorrectly by the Process Manager (40.400.00) screen when the screen updates a shipper for the same customer to a closed status in Order Management.
Note Before you follow the instructions in this article, make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs. To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Verify that the customer does not accrue revenue. Run the following statement against the Microsoft Dynamics SL application database by using SQL Server Management Studio. If the statement returns anything other than NULL, the customer has accrued revenue or does accrue revenue, and you should not use this workaround. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange Server:
select distinct AccrShipRegisterID from soshipheader
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- Download the following file, and then run it against the Microsoft Dynamics SL application database by using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Run the AR Integrity Check to recalculate the shipped total. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the navigation pane, click Financial.
- In the Financial navigation pane, click Accounts Receivable.
- In the Accounts Receivable pane, click AR Integrity Check under Processes.
- Click to select the following check boxes:
- Verify Customer Balances
- Correct Customer Balances to Total Doc Balances
- Click Begin Processing.