After installing a recent update or service pack for Microsoft Dynamics GP, you receive this message in any window or running reports in GP:
Key Segment not Found
Error registering table GL_Account_MSTR
Error registering table GL_Account_Master
Table Open error
The step to update the Reports.dic and Forms.dic may have been missed during the update process. The installation instructions on the main service pack page has instructions to update the modified forms and reports dictionaries before installing the patch file at all client workstations. If these dictionaries were not updated, the error message above will result when using a modified form or report.
For example, below are the steps listed on the main service pack page for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, where step 4 may have been missed.
If you have Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 already installed, use the steps below:
1. Download the latest patch release and installation guide below.
2. At the Microsoft SQL Server, double-click the patch file and the install will be silent and only show a progress window.
3. At the Microsoft SQL Server, launch Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities and update the DYNAMICS database and all company databases.
4. Once the databases are updated at the server, update the modified forms and reports at the Additional Tasks window. Refer to the installation guide for the steps to update.
5. Install the patch file at all client workstations. The patch file can be published using Automatic Client Updates. Once a user logs in, they will be automatically prompted to install the patch. Refer to Chapter 5 in the SystemAdminGuide.pdf on the Release 2010 DVD under Documentation.
After the patch or update has been installed and these messages happen, follow these steps:
1. Make a current backup.
2. Go to the Microsoft Dynamics GP code folder. (Default location is C:\\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\DATA)
3. Right-click on the Dex.ini file and open it with Notepad. Look for the line Synchronize=FALSE and change it to TRUE (case sensitive). If this line does not exist, then add this line to the end of the file as shown below. Close the file and save the changes.
4. Launch Utilities for Microsoft Dynamics GP to start the synchronization process. To do this, follow the appropriate step:
• In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Dynamics, point to GP 2010, and then click GP Utilities.
• In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Dynamics, point to GP 10.0, and then click GP Utilities.
• In Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Dynamics, point to GP 9.0, and then click GP Utilities.
5. In the Additional Tasks window, synchronize or upgrade forms and reports, depending on the option available.
6. Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP.
7. Exit Microsoft Dynamics GP.
8. Recreate the Reports.dic using the steps in KB 850465. For more information about KB 850465, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
850465 How to re-create the Reports.dic file in Microsoft Dynamics GP
NOTE: In step 3 of KB 850465, use the instructions after step 3 to import the modified reports back in using the Report Writer method. If that doesn't work, then try the steps listed in step 3 for the Customization Maintenance method.
9. Test again.
10. If there are also modified forms, use KB 951767 to recreate the Forms.Dic as well. For more information about KB 951767, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
951767 How to re-create the Forms.dic file in Microsoft Dynamics GP