You can't find an app that a friend or family member told you about. Or you found it on your Windows 10 laptop but not on your Windows 10 Mobile device. Or you found it, but you can't install it. What's going on? Here are some possibilities:
- The app isn't available in your country or region. Not all apps are available worldwide. So the app your friend saw in France might not be available in Germany. If you bought an app in one country or region and then you moved to another one, apps you had might disappear.
- Microsoft family settings might be hiding apps. Parents can use Microsoft family settings to make sure that their child can't view or install apps that are inappropriate for their age. Get more info.
- The app is no longer available. Sometimes an app is removed from Microsoft Store, but it takes a little time for the app description page to get pulled down. In addition, some apps and games are not available in Microsoft Store, but can be downloaded from the publisher's site directly.
- The app is not compatible with your device. Microsoft Store automatically hides or blocks the Buy button on apps that are incompatible with your device. You might see an app from Microsoft Store available on your PC, but not on another PC, or your Xbox.
- Your PC was recently updated, but wasn't restarted. If updates for Windows were recently installed, you'll need to restart your PC before you can install apps from Microsoft Store.
If you're still having problems finding or installing an app
Try the following:
- Reset the Microsoft Store cache. Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.
A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.
- Make sure your PC is authorized to use Microsoft Store apps. See Manage your devices for Microsoft Store.
- Microsoft Store not launching at all? See Microsoft Store doesn't launch.
- Read more about Microsoft Store app issues. See Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store.