This article describes the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client issues that are fixed in the update package that is dated July 2010.
This article describes the following items about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update.
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- 2190298 You receive an unhandled System.NullReferenceException exception in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client
- 2277126 Header information is also copied when you copy a story message in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client
- 2277132 The position of the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client window is changed after an unsuccessful logon
- 2277137 The title of a story message is replaced by the content from of a story message in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client
- 2277375 Delays in presence updates or high latency in database operations may occur when OCS 2007 R2 and OCS 2007 R2, Group Chat are running under high concurrency
- 2277605 The User-Agent header in the SIP request that is sent by Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Admin Tool is not unique and clear enough
- 981439 Server depredation occurs when group chat users change chat rooms by using Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat clients
- 981441 The group chat client crashes when you try to set the value of the background color of the group chat console to transparent
- 982129 You cannot sign in with Group Chat Client or with Group Chat Admin Tool if Group Chat Server is deployed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller
- 973321 Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Client prevents Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 from logging off
- 973337 A peer-to-peer file transfer fails between two Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat clients
- 972945 The Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client does not support user colors
- 973316 Error message when you try to make a connection in an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat client for the first time: "The domain_name domain is not available"
- 972947 An update is available for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat clients to improve the performance for chat rooms
- 973318 The message in the input panel does not match the message that you sent in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Client
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcClient.msp package now.
Release Date: July 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Replacement informationThis update of build 3.5.6907.206 is a refresh build that replaced previously-released build 3.5.6907.200 in May 2010.
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates