The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar. It contains some icons you might find yourself clicking or pressing pretty often: battery, Wi-Fi, volume, Clock and Calendar, and action center. It provides status and notifications about things like incoming email, updates, and network connectivity. You can change which icons and notifications appear there or even hide some.
- Press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar, tap or click Settings, and then go to Notification area.
- Under Notification area:
- Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Select specific icons you don’t want to appear on the taskbar. We’ll just move the icon into the overflow area so it’s out of sight.
- Turn system icons on or off. Specify which icons you don’t want to appear.
In the notification area, click or press the icon that you want to hide and then move it up into the overflow area.
- If you want to add a hidden icon to the notification area, tap or click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want back to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons as you want.
- You can rearrange icons that appear in the notification area—just drag an icon to a different spot.
Tap or click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area.
Article ID: 30031 - Last Review: 13 Sep 2016 - Revision: 10