W-2 forms do not align correctly when you print the forms through Payroll - US in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Note Verify you are not printing a modified W-2 form before you make the following alignment changes.
To correct this alignment issue by making vertical or horizontal adjustments, follow these steps:
- Open the Print W-2 Forms window. On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, point to Routines, point to Payroll, and then click Print W-2s.
- In the Print W-2 Forms window, click Print.
- In the Report Destination window, click to select the Screen checkbox, and then click OK.
- In the Screen Output window, click Print.
- In the Print dialog box, adjust the horizontal and vertical alignments in the Alignment (Inches) section according to the following scenarios:
- If the form prints too high, enter a positive vertical adjustment (.25 equals one line).
- If the form prints too low, enter a negative vertical adjustment (-.25 equals one line).
- If the form prints too far to the right, enter a negative horizontal adjustment.
- If the form prints too far to the left, enter a positive horizontal adjustment.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:27974