You can’t find an app that a friend or family member told you about. Or you found it on your Windows 10 laptop but not on your Windows 10 Mobile device. Or you found it, but you can’t install it. What’s going on? Here are some possibilities:
- The app isn't available in your country or region. Not all apps are available worldwide. So the app your friend saw in France might not be available in Germany. If you bought an app in one country or region and then you moved to another one, apps you had might disappear.
- Family Safety settings might be hiding apps. Parents can use Family Safety settings to make sure that their child can’t view or install apps that are inappropriate for their age.
- The app is no longer available. Sometimes an app is removed from the Windows Store, but it takes a little time for the app description page on the web to get pulled down.
- The app is not compatible with your device. The Windows Store automatically hides or blocks the Buy button on apps that are incompatible with your device. You might see an app from the Windows Store available on your PC, but not on another PC, or your Xbox.
- Your PC was recently updated, but wasn't restarted. If updates for Windows were recently installed, you'll need to restart your PC before you can install apps from the Windows Store.
If you've check all of the possible reasons listed and are still unable to find or install apps, you can try clearing the cache for the Windows Store.
Article ID: 13765 - Last Review: 22 Jun 2016 - Revision: 10