WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER 9 FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS VISTA, WINDOWS SERVER 2008, AND WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2
Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) licenses this supplement to you. If you are licensed to use Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2 software (for which this supplement is applicable) (the “software”), you may use this supplement. You may not use it if you do not have a license for the software. You may use this supplement with each validly licensed copy of the software.
The following license terms describe additional use terms for this supplement. These terms and the license terms for the software apply to your use of the supplement. If there is a conflict, these supplemental license terms apply.
By using this supplement, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use this supplement.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
- INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time.
- Consent for Internet-Based Services. The software features described below and in the Windows Internet Explorer 9 Privacy Statement connect to Microsoft or service provider computer systems over the Internet. In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice when they connect. You may switch off these features or not use them. For more information about these features, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=208757. By using these features, you consent to the transmission of this information. Microsoft does not use the information to identify or contact you.
- Computer Information. The following features use Internet protocols, which send to the appropriate systems computer information, such as your Internet protocol address, the type of operating system, browser and name and version of the software you are using, and the language code of the device where you installed the software. Microsoft uses this information to make the Internet-based services available to you.
Accelerators. When you click on or move your mouse over an Accelerator in Internet Explorer, any of the following may be sent to the service provider:
- the title and full web address or URL of the current webpage,
- standard computer information, and
- any content you have selected.
If you use an Accelerator provided by Microsoft, use of the information sent is subject to the Microsoft Online Privacy Statement. This statement is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=31493. If you use an Accelerator provided by a third party, use of the information sent will be subject to the third party’s privacy practices.
- Search Provider Update. After installation, the software will download an update to the data on your computer about search providers. This update upgrades your providers with the latest features, such as new icons or search suggestions. This is a one-time update, but the software will try to perform the update several times if it does not successfully download the update. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=208757.
- Use of Information. We may use the computer information to improve our software and services. We may also share it with others, such as hardware and software vendors. They may use the information to improve how their products run with Microsoft software.
- Misuse of Internet-based Services. You may not use these services in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
Article ID: 19999 - Last Review: 22 Jun 2016 - Revision: 3