- You install Microsoft SharePoint.
- You install PowerPivot for SharePoint.
Note PowerPivot for SharePoint includes an Analysis Services instance that runs in SharePoint integrated mode.
- The account that is used for the PowerPivot System Service account in SharePoint differs from the account that is used to run the Secure Store Services in SharePoint.
- You refresh the data in a Microsoft Excel PowerPivot-enabled workbook.
- In Central Administration browse to Application Management.
- Click Manage Service Applications.
- Click Secure Store Application, and then click Administrators.
- Add the PowerPivot System Service account to the Administrators group.
- Click to select the Create Target Application, Delete Target Application, and Manage Target Application check boxes.
Article ID: 2706551 - Last Review: 17 Jul 2012 - Revision: 1