Microsoft has released Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update is dated August 13, 2012. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2536846 Email messages sent to a mail-enabled public folder may be queued in a delivery queue on the Hub Transport server in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2632409 Sent item is copied to the Sent Items folder of the wrong mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment when a user is granted the Send As permission
- 2637915 "550 5.7.1" NDR when an email message is sent between tenant organizations in a multi-tenant Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2677727 MRM cannot process retention policies on a cloud-based archive mailbox if the primary mailbox is in an on-premises Exchange Server 2010 organization
- 2685001 Retention policies do not work for the Calendar and Tasks folders in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2686540 Journal report is not delivered to a journaling mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2689025 Performance issues when you use the light version of Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2698571 Some email messages are not delivered when you set the MessageRateLimit parameter in a throttling policy in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2698899 Add-ADPermission cmdlet together with a DomainController parameter fails in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2700172 Recipient’s email address is resolved incorrectly to a contact’s email address in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2701162 User A that is granted the Full Access permission to User B’s mailbox cannot see detailed free/busy information for User B in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2701624 ItemSubject field is empty when you run the Search-MailboxAuditLog cmdlet together with the ShowDetails parameter in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2702963 The "Open Message In Conflict" button is not available in the conflict notification message in Exchange Server 2010
- 2707242 The Exchange Information Store service stops responding on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2709014 EdgeTransport.exe process crashes intermittently on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2709935 EdgeTransport.exe process repeatedly crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2713339 Multi-Mailbox Search feature returns incorrect results when you perform a complex discovery search in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2713371 Throttling policy throttles all EWS applications in Exchange Server 2010
- 2719894 The Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service consumes 100 percent of CPU resources and stops responding on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server
- 2723383 Incorrect time zone in a notification when the Resource Booking Attendant declines a meeting request from a user in a different time zone in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2724188 A subject that contains colons is truncated in a mixed Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2726897 Admin sessions are exhausted as a result of delegate access in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2743871 Microsoft Exchange Transport service does not restart automatically after an Exchange update is installed
For more information about Security Bulletin MS12-058, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2740358 MS12-058: Vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server WebReady document viewing could allow remote code execution: August 14, 2012
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, go to the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To enable you to apply this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Deploy Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to mailbox servers that are part of a DAG
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests to connect to the http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CodeSigPCA.crl website. These network requests represent attempts to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the Exchange server is not connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
Creating Native images for .Net assemblies.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2706690.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2706690 - Last Review: 23 Aug 2012 - Revision: 1