- You have a local Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3-based device that connects to a remote device through Bluetooth.
- You run an application on the local device that creates a Serial Cable Emulation Protocol (RFCOMM) connection between the two devices by using Windows Sockets (Winsock).
- The remote device runs an application that keeps sending data to the local device through the RFCOMM connection.
- The application on the local device closes the connection when the local device is receiving data from the remote device.
In this scenario, the local device may send multiple disconnect messages to the remote device. Additionally, all existing RFCOMM connections on the local device are disconnected.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update August 2012. In the "File information" section, the package file name contains the product version, the date, the Microsoft Knowledge Base article number, and the processor type. The package file name format is as follows:
To resolve this problem immediately, download this Windows Embedded CE 6.0 monthly update from the following Microsoft website.
Microsoft Download Center
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Files that are included in this update package
|File name||File size||Date||Time||Path|
|Registry key||DWORD name||DWORD value|
Article ID: 2708132 - Last Review: 10 Sep 2012 - Revision: 1