- You use an Ethernet cable or a USB cable to connect a Windows CE 5.0-based device to a Windows-based computer.
- The date and time on the device are out of sync with the Windows-based computer.
- You try to use the device to access a server message block (SMB) share folder on the computer.
In this scenario, the device cannot access the SMB share folder.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows CE 5.0 Monthly Update June 2012. You can confirm this by scrolling to the "File information" section. The package file name contains the product version, date, Microsoft Knowledge Base article number, and processor type. The package file name uses the following format:
Note This Windows CE 5.0 monthly update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build OS menu, make sure that the following options are selected, and then click Sysgen:
- Clean Before Building
- Copy Files to Release Directory After Build
- Make Run-Time Image After Build
- On the Build OS menu, click Open Release Directory. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:blddemo clean -q
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Files that are included in this update package
|File name||File size||Date||Time||Path|
Article ID: 2712421 - Last Review: 9 Jul 2012 - Revision: 1