Cause 2 - The Business Portal user is not mapped to the Project Employee advanced role in Business Portal. See Resolution 2.
Cause 3 - The project employee is set to inactive in Microsoft Dynamics SL. See Resolution 3.
Resolution 2 - Assign the appropriate Project Employee advanced role to the Business Portal user. To do this, follow these steps:
- Logon to Business Portal as an Administrator
- From the Business Portal home page, select Site Actions -> Site Settings
- Under Business Portal Administration, select Users
- In the User List, select the user receving the error
- On the Roles tab, select Modify
- Select the Project Employee advanced role for the appropriate company in the Role/Company drop-down box
- Select the appropriate employee ID in the grid and then click OK
Resolution 3 - Verify the project employee is set to Active in Microsoft Dynamics SL. To do this, follow these steps:
- Logon to Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Open the Employee and Resource Maintenance (PA.EMP.00) screen
- Select the employee ID in question
- Verify the Status field is set to Active
Article ID: 2715104 - Last Review: 3 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2