- You are running Windows Internet Explorer 9.
- DFX Audio Enhancer version 10 is installed on the computer.
- The following security update is installed on the computer:
2699988 MS12-037: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: June 12, 2012
To uninstall and then reinstall DFX, follow these steps:
- Make sure that DFX is not running. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the DFX icon in the notification area, and then click Exit.
- Right-click anywhere on the Windows Task Bar, and then click Start Task Manager. Or, click Start, type Task Manager, and then click View running processes with Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab, click the DFX.exe *32 process, and then click End Process.
Note If no "DFX.exe *32" process is listed, DFX is no longer running in memory. In that case, you can continue with these steps.
- Close Task Manager.
- Exit Internet Explorer.
- Click Start, type Programs and Features, and then click Programs and Features.
- In the list of programs, click the DFX entry, and then click Uninstall.
Note The Uninstall button appears above the column headings to the right side of the Organize button.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the DFX program, and then restart the computer.
- Go to the following FXsound website to obtain and install the current version of DFX:
Article ID: 2727797 - Last Review: 1 Feb 2013 - Revision: 1