Applies to regionThis article applies to Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) for all regions.
- Assume that you try to access KPI information from a purchase order or try to run the "GMROI and Inventory Turns" report in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager. In these situations, you receive the following error message:Error #2147217913 ‐ The conversion of a VARCHAR data type into a DATETIME data type resulted in an out of range value. (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)BUG #: 1511 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- Assume that you try to sell or redeem vouchers in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS that uses pre-encoded magnetic gift cards. The pre-encoded magnetic gift cards are formatted as "%12345?" instead of as "Format B." In this situation, you cannot sell or redeem the vouchers. BUG #: 1538 (Retail Management Systems SE)
Note We recommend that you use pre-encoded magnetic gift cards that are formatted as "Format B." Please contact your gift card supplier to make sure that the new cards that you buy are formatted as "Format B."
- When you try to process a "Style 401: Request Data Upload" worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client, you receive one of the following error messages:
- Dynazip zip Warning
Zip File error… missing end signature.
- Run time error 40006 : Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request.
Note To resolve this issue, follow these steps on the computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client at each store after you install this hotfix:
- Right-click the Headquarters Client shortcut, and then click Properties.
- Type -q at the end of the target string as follows:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe" -q
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Assume that security is set to prevent modification of the Price column and that the Must enter price at the POS option is enabled in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS. In this situation, you cannot add money to a Global Voucher. BUG #: 1549 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you try to change the font color of the captions of task pad buttons in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager, the operation fails. BUG #: 1556 (Retail Management Systems SE)
Note If you created new task pads in addition to the default Custom task pad, follow these steps after you install this hotfix. If you apply this hotfix on more than one computer, you have to follow these steps only one time.
- In Store Operations Administrator, click Connect on the File menu, type the SQL Server password in the Password box, and then click OK to connect to the database.
- On the Query menu, click New.
- Type the following SQL satement in the New Query 1 window:UPDATE TaskPadButtons SET FontColor = -2147483630
- Press F5 to process the SQL statement.
- Restart Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager and Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS.
- If the IDs of a remote payment and a local payment that was made at the store are the same, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS displays receipts for the remote payment incorrectly. BUG #: 1557 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When the Mark as duplicate receipt option is enabled in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS, you cannot print a gift receipt by clicking Print Gift Receipt. BUG #: 13454 (Microsoft Retail)
- Assume that you have an inventory transfer order in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager. When you try to select a value on the Status of quantity discrepancies menu on the Issue and Receive tabs, you cannot do this. BUG #: 13468 (Microsoft Retail)
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install this hotfix rollup, you must have Microsoft Dynamics RMS Feature Pack 2 (FP2) installed. To verify that you have Microsoft Dynamics RMS FP2 installed, follow these steps:
- Start Store Operations Manager.
- On the Help menu, click About Store Operations Manager.
- Verify that Feature Pack 2 (build number 2.0.1000) or a later build is installed.
HeadquartersIf you use Headquarters with multiple stores, install the hotfix rollup on all the computers.
Important Make sure that you install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in the stores.
Install the hotfix rollup on each computer that has any one of the following programs installed:
- Headquarters Client
- Headquarters Manager
- Headquarters Server
- Store Operations Manager
- Store Operations POS
We recommend that you stop communications between the Headquarters Client program and the Headquarters Server program before you install this hotfix rollup. To do this, follow these steps for each store on the computer on which the Headquarters Client is installed.
- Start Headquarters Client.
- On the File menu, click Configuration, click the Schedule tab, and then click to select the Manual Connection Only check box.
- Click OK.
Store OperationsIf you have a single store that uses Store Operations with one or more computers, you must install the hotfix rollup on all the computers. Install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in Store Operations POS or in Store Operations Manager. Install the hotfix rollup on all the computers when the store is closed. We have not tested environments that are partly updated, and we do not support them.
Note After you install this hotfix rollup for all the headquarters and for all the stores, you can resume regular data uploads.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Download the hotfix rollup by following the instructions that you received from Technical Support.
- Double-click the compressed file that you downloaded.
- In the self-extractor dialog box, click Continue.
- Select the folder to which you want to extract the files, and then click OK.
- Type the password that you received from Technical Support, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the self-extractor dialog box.
- Close all Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System programs.
- Double-click the Retail2.0KB2735491.exe file.
How to verify that the hotfix rollup is installedTo verify that the hotfix rollup is installed, follow these steps:
- Start any Headquarters program or any Store Operations program.
- On the Help menu, click About. If the version number that is listed is 2.0.1001, the hotfix rollup is installed.
Article ID: 2735491 - Last Review: 3 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2