Issues that this update fixes
- Assume that you use the Mouse mode in Word 2013 on a touch-enabled device. When you tap within a table cell in Web Layout view, Word 2013 crashes.
Note This issue also occurs in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- Discretionary ligatures for Arabic text are displayed but not printed in Word 2013. After you apply this update, Word 2013 does not display discretionary ligatures for Arabic text.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You start Microsoft Narrator on your computer.
- You use Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 to open a document that has a SmartArt shape that contains some list items.
- You use the keyboard to focus on a list item in the document.
Note This issue also occurs when a shape in an Excel Worksheet or in a PowerPoint presentation contains list items.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2738044 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 2