Improvements and fixes
This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4019265 (released May 16, 2017) and also resolves the following issues:
- Addressed issue where, after installing KB3164035, users cannot print enhanced metafiles (EMF) or documents containing bitmaps rendered out of bounds using the BitMapSection(DIBSection) function.
- Addressed issue where updates were not correctly installing all components and would prevent them from booting.
- Addressed issue where an unsupported hardware notification is shown and Windows Updates not scanning, for systems using the AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor. For the affected systems, follow the steps in the Additional Information section to install this update.
- Security updates to Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Uniscribe, Windows kernel-mode drivers, the Windows OS, Windows COM, Internet Explorer and Windows Shell. For more information about the security vulnerabilities resolved, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
When you print a specific iframe or frame in a web page, the print output may be blank, or text is printed that resembles the following:
404 – Not Found
(A frame is a part of a web page or browser window that displays content independent of its container. A frame can load content independently.)
This problem has also been observed in Internet Explorer versions 9 through 11, and in applications that host the IE Web Browser Control.
This issue is resolved by KB4022168.
How to get this update
- Download KB4022719 from Microsoft update catalog.
Extract the CAB file from the downloaded .msu file from step 1. Note the path where you stored the CAB file for use in step 3.
Run the DISM /Online /Add-Package command to install the update: DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: CAB file path from step 2.