Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
SIM & data
With Surface Pro LTE, there's two ways to get cellular data:
- Use a nano SIM card and data plan from your mobile operator.
- Use the embedded SIM (eSIM) that comes built into Surface Pro LTE and the Mobile Plans app in Windows 10. In the Mobile Plans app, you may be able to add your device to your current mobile operator account or sign up with a new one.
Use a data plan and SIM card from your mobile operator
- Contact your mobile operator and sign up for a data plan, or add to your current plan.
- Insert the SIM card into your Surface Pro LTE. Learn how
- Go to Cellular settings by selecting Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular and then selecting SIM1 from Use this SIM for cellular data.
Use your eSIM and the Mobile Plans app to add your device to your current mobile account
- Go to Cellular settings by selecting Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular and then selecting SIM 2 from Use this SIM for cellular.
- Select Connect with a data plan. The Mobile Plans app will open.
- In the Mobile Plans app, follow the instructions to add your device to your current mobile account. If your mobile operator doesn’t offer plans through the Mobile Plans app, you can sign up with a new mobile operator and buy a plan from them if you want.
For more info, see Add your Windows 10 PC to your mobile account to get online.
To add your device to a new or existing mobile account through the Mobile Plans app, you’ll need to have Windows 10 (Version 1803) installed. To find out which version of Windows you have, see Which Windows operating system am I running? To check for updates, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
Switch between plans
If you have both types of data plans (one from your mobile operator and one from another mobile operator through the Mobile Plans app), you can switch between them at any time in Cellular settings. To use the mobile operator SIM card, select SIM 1 for Use this SIM for cellular data. To use the data plan on your eSIM, select SIM 2 for Use this SIM for cellular data.
Set up your cellular data connection
After you insert your SIM card into your Surface Pro, you're ready to connect to cellular data. To learn how to connect for the first time, see Cellular settings in Windows 10.