Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses performance regression in App-V that slows many actions in Windows 10.
- Addresses an issue with the soft keyboard's input modes in WPF applications.
- Addresses an issue where SmartHeap doesn't work with UCRT.
- Addresses an issue that causes sporadic authentication issues when using Windows Authentication Manager.
- Addresses an issue that displays unnecessary “Credential Required” and “Do you want to allow the app to access your private key?” messages. This issue occurs when running a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.
- Addresses an issue that causes the LSASS service to become unresponsive, and the system must be restarted to recover.
- Addresses an issue where client applications running in a container image don't conform to the dynamic port range.
- Addresses an issue in MSXML 3.0 that causes the body of the request to be empty when the IXMLHTTPRequest send() method is called. This issue occurs when URL redirection causes the send() method to be invoked a second time with a different URL.
- Adds a new MDM Policy “DisallowCloudNotification" for enterprises to turn off Windows Notification traffic.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 Feature Update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This does not apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4284830.