IMPORTANT Verify that you have installed the required updates listed in the How to get this update section before installing this update.
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 32-Bit (x86) versions of Windows (CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions.)
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Authentication, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, and Windows Server.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, you may receive an error when opening or using the Toshiba Qosmio AV Center. You may also receive an error in the Event Log related to cryptnet.dll.||This issue is resolved in KB4516048.|
How to get this update
Before installing this update
You must install the updates listed below and restart your device before installing the latest Rollup. Installing these updates improves the reliability of the update process and mitigates potential issues while installing the Rollup.
- The March 12, 2019 servicing stack update (SSU) (KB4490628). If you are using Windows Update, this SSU will be offered to you automatically. To get the standalone package for this SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- The latest SHA-2 update (KB4474419) released September 10, 2019. If you are using Windows Update, the latest SHA-2 update will be offered to you automatically. For more information on SHA-2 updates, see 2019 SHA-2 Code Signing Support requirement for Windows and WSUS.
- The latest SSU (KB4516655). If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU will be offered to you automatically. To get the standalone package for the latest SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||No||See the other options below.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1Classification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4516033.