Current status of Windows 10, version 1703
Windows 10, version 1703 has reached end of service for all editions. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
Surface Hub devices remain in support. Starting on November 12, 2019, updates for Windows 10, version 1703 will be available only for Surface Hub devices. Update information and Surface Hub known issues will be listed on this page.
For information about servicing timelines, see the Windows lifecycle fact sheet.
- Updates an issue that might prevent icons and cursors from appearing as expected.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Updates for verifying user names and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras).
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that might cause Microsoft browsers to bypass proxy servers.
- Addresses an issue that might prevent icons and cursors from appearing as expected.
- Addresses an issue that prevents machines that have Credential Guard enabled from joining a domain. The error message is "The server's clock is not synchronized with the primary domain controller's clock."
- Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Windows Kernel, Windows Core Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Peripherals, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Update Stack, and Windows Server.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
|Devices on a domain might be unable to install apps published using a Group Policy Object (GPO). This issue only affects app installations that use .msi files. It does not affect any other installation methods, such as from the Microsoft Store.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4556804.
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For general information about SSUs, see Servicing stack updates and Servicing Stack Updates (SSU): Frequently Asked Questions.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 10Classification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4540705.