Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
An information disclosure vulnerability exists when the .NET Framework improperly handles objects in memory. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could disclose contents of an affected system's memory. To exploit the vulnerability, an authenticated attacker would need to run a specially crafted application. The update addresses the vulnerability by correcting how the .NET Framework handles objects in memory.
To learn more about the vulnerabilities, go to the following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE).
For a list of improvements that were released with this update, please see the article links in the Additional Information section of this article.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this update
- 4578950 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4578950)
- 4578954 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4578954)
- 4578961 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4578961)
- 4578975 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4578975)