Drive safety is a premium Microsoft Family Safety feature available with a Microsoft 365 Family subscription. It is currently available to subscribers with Microsoft accounts (MSA) based in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Organizers (typically adults in the family) can buy a subscription in the Family Safety app or online.
Drive safety is available on Android devices and is coming soon to iOS devices.
About drive safety
Drive safety helps families talk about how to build better driving habits. It’s important to consider what might have been going on during that specific drive; whether it was safe depends on what was happening in that moment.
When you set up drive safety on your mobile device, you’ll see where you drove and details about each drive. If you turn on Share drives, your family will be able to see your drives and you’ll be able to see theirs if they do the same. Drive details include:
- A map of the route highlighting where any of the details below happened
- Top speed: the fastest speed during a drive
- Phone use: if the phone moves around like someone’s touching it and for how long
- Hard braking: when the vehicle suddenly slows down
- Fast acceleration: when the vehicle suddenly speeds up
You’ll see summaries of drive activity and up to two weeks of individual drives both in the app and on family.microsoft.com. If you choose to share your drives, organizers in your family group will be able to see this information as well.