Symptom 1Spell Checker does not recognize misspelled words in Word 2010
Symptom 2When you click the Spelling & Grammar button in the Proofing group on the Review tab in Word 2010, you receive one of the following messages:
- Proofing tools are not installed.
- The Speller EN-US add-in is disabled.
- The Do not check spelling or grammar check box is selected.
- Another language is set as default.
- The following subkey exists in the registry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\ProofingTools\1.0\Override\en-US
Does this problem occur in a different version of Microsoft Word?To learn how to resolve this problem in a different version of Microsoft Word, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 970826 - Last Review: 1 Jun 2017 - Revision: 3