Important: Connections in all conditions cannot be guaranteed. Never rely solely on any wireless phone for essential communications like medical emergencies.
Before making the call:
- Turn the phone on.
- If the phone screen and keys are locked, unlock them.
- Move to a place with adequate signal strength.
- Tap the start key , and tap > .
- Tap Call.
- Give the necessary info as accurately as possible. Do not end the call until given permission to do so.
You may also need to do the following:
- Put a SIM card in the phone. If you don’t have a SIM, tap Emergency call when you get an error message about a missing SIM.
- If your phone asks for a PIN code, tap Emergency call.
- Turn off the restrictions in your phone, such as call restriction, fixed dialing, or closed user group.
- When you turn your phone on for the first time, you are asked to create your Microsoft account and set up your phone. To make an emergency call during the account and phone setup, tap Emergency call.
- If the mobile network is not available, you may also try making an internet call, if you can access the internet.
Article ID: 13744 - Last Review: 17-May-2016 - Revision: 5