When you click Actions and then click Edit in Datasheet on a SharePoint 2003 or 2007 site, or you click the List tab and then click Datasheet view on a SharePoint 2010 site, you receive the following error message:
- A datasheet component compatible with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation is not installed.
- Your Web browser does not support ActiveX controls.
- A component is not properly configured for 32-bit or 64-bit support.
Click here to view or hide more information about "2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components"
If you are using a 64-bit version of an Internet browser, for example the 64-bit version of Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, there is no support for the Edit in Datasheet component.
Also, you must install all 64-bit versions of Office products before you install the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components. Therefore, if you have to have Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Visio 2010, or Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 (These components are not installed as part of an Office 2010 suite), please install the 64-bit versions of these products before you install the Data Connectivity Components.
If you try to install the 64-bit versions of Project, Visio, or SharePoint Designer after you installed the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components, you receive the following error message:
- Remove the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components.
- Install the 64-bit versions of the Office products that you want to have installed.
- Reinstall the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components.
For more information about the issues with the 64-bit version of Office 2010, please see the following articles.
Article ID: 2266203 - Last Review: 04-Oct-2014 - Revision: 1