- Home users:
Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Known issues and additional information about this security update
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information. If this is the case, the known issue is listed below each article link.
- 2124261 MS10-065: Description of the security update for Internet Information Services ASP: September 14, 2010Known issues in security update 2124261:
- When you install security update 2124261 on a computer that is running Windows XP SP3 and that is not running IIS, the update may seem to install successfully. In this scenario, an entry is added to the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel. However, no files are installed on the computer. The files are not cached locally for use if IIS is enabled at a later date.
- 2271195 MS10-065: Description of the security update for Internet Information Services CGI: September 14, 2010Known issues in security update 2271195:
- The version of cgi.dll (7.5.7600.16385) that is released in Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has an earlier version number than the version number of cgi.dll (7.5.7600.16632) that is released in security update 2271195. However, security update 2271195 is contained in cgi.dll version 7.5.7600.16385 that is released in the Service Pack. Therefore, no additional action is required by the user.
- 2290570 MS10-065: Description of the security update for Internet Information Services Infocomm: September 14, 2010
Article ID: 2267960 - Last Review: 18-Jul-2012 - Revision: 1