Method 'COnnectServerAndOpenDatabase' of object ' _DCFRONT' failed.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to obtain the Microsoft Dynamics NAV hotfix or update filesAfter you request a Microsoft Dynamics NAV hotfix, a hyperlink will be sent to you in an e-mail.
The e-mail will contain a hyperlink and a password. You can use the hyperlink to download the Microsoft Dynamics NAV hotfix or the update files. When you click the hyperlink, the File Download – Security Warning dialog box opens. Then, you are prompted to run, to save, or to cancel the download.
If you click Run, the files start the download and the extraction process. You must specify a folder for the new files, and then provide the password.
If you click Save, you must specify a path for saving the compressed file. When you open the file that you saved, you are prompted to specify a path for the files. Then, you must provide the password provided in the e-mail.
If you click Cancel, the download process stops.
How to install a Microsoft Dynamics NAV hotfix or an update fileThe Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform hotfixes and updates are made available as single files. To install a Microsoft Dynamics NAV hotfix or an update, you must replace the existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV installation files with the hotfix or the update files. To do this, replace the following files in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV SDK installation.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
- Locate the Microsoft Dynamics NAV SDK installation directories. The Microsoft Dynamics NAV SDK is usually installed in the following directories:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\CFRONTC:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\Communication ComponentsC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Communication Component
- Choose the SDK to update, either C/Front or Communication Components.
- Copy the files that you downloaded.
- Paste the files that you downloaded into the appropriate Microsoft Dynamics NAV SDK installation directory.
- Click Yes to overwrite the files in the directory.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 installed to apply this hotfix.
Article ID: 2274065 - Last Review: 31-Jan-2017 - Revision: 3