- In the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 development environment, you work on an application.
- You install a third-party Visual Studio extension, such as DevExpress Visual Studio Productivity Tools, in the development environment.
- You close the Visual Studio 2010 development environment.
Application Name: devenv.exe
Application Version: <10.0.30319.1 - 10.0.65535.9999>
Exception Code: rxoejih3rskjez4xxwpxudkcppwjodng
Note To check Dr. Watson error information, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type problem reports in the Search box.
- If the computer is running Windows Vista, click View problem history. If the computer is running Windows 7, click View all problem reports.
- In the Problem Reports and Solutions window, double-click the specific problem that you encounter.
- View the information in the Problem signature section.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website:
Download informationTo download this hotfix from the MSDN Code Gallery, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The MSDN Code Gallery displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language listed, it is because the Code Gallery resource page is not available for that language.
Additionally, you can download this hotfix rollup from the following Microsoft Connect website:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix package.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix package does not replace a previously released hotfix package.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2275326 - Last Review: 09-Sep-2010 - Revision: 1