The file is locked for editing by Your_Account_name.
Do you want to:
View a read-only copy.
Edit the file and merge your changes with the server file when it becomes available
Receive a notification when the server file is available
After you receive this message, the current version of the file is now locked by SharePoint 2010.
Method 1: Wait for the lock to expireAn hour after the document was locked, the lock will expire, and you can then reopen the file and restore the earlier version of the file.
Method 2: Discard the check outIf you do not want to wait an hour, you can close the document without checking in it back in. Then, in the document library, on the Edit drop-down menu for the document, click Discard Checkout and then click OK. The document returns to its last saved state.
Method 3: Save the current version, and then restore the earlier versionThis issue only occurs if you try to restore the last saved version of the document. As a workaround, you can save the current version, and then reopen the document and restore the earlier version. This earlier version is now the second-to-last saved version of the document.
- In the SharePoint 2010 document library, open and check out the current version.
- Make a small change to the current version. For example, you can add a space at the end of a paragraph.
- Save and check in the document as a new version.
- Check out and open the new version that you just saved.
- You can now restore the desired version of the document. The desired version is now the second-to-last saved version of the document.
Article ID: 2290155 - Last Review: 19-Oct-2010 - Revision: 1