Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 or Microsoft Office Groove 2007.
- You use one of the following methods to take a document library on a SharePoint Online site offline:
- You create a Groove 2007 workspace and then use the 2007 SharePoint Files tool to sync the document library.
- You create a SharePoint workspace to sync the SharePoint site that contains the document library.
A SharePoint workspace in SharePoint Workspace 2010 also tries to use the active credentials in Internet Explorer. If you do not have a browser open and you try a manual sync, the SharePoint workspace may prompt for credentials. It will not prompt for credentials for a background sync. However, if a background sync fails, a notification is generated that states that credentials are required. To see SharePoint Workspace notifications, point to the SharePoint Workspace icon in the notification area.
- Log on to the SharePoint Online site in your browser to establish your logon credentials.
- In the SharePoint Files tool, click Sync, and then click Sync Now.
Article ID: 2298386 - Last Review: 04-May-2012 - Revision: 1