This update is available for the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
Issues that this update resolves
Issue 1Consider the following scenario:
- You use a browser which can’t be recognized by ASP.NET, such as Amazon Kindle Fire 2 or Internet Explorer 11, to access an ASP.NET-based webpage.
- You trigger a postback event on that webpage.
Issue 2Consider the following scenario:
- An ASP.NET website renders different content based on the user browser.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 11 to visit this ASP.NET website.
Issue 3Consider the following scenario:
- An ASP.NET page contains an update panel, and inside it there is an ImageButton. If a user clicks ImageButton, it will trigger a partial postback event and the server side click event.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 10 or a later version to access this ASP.NET page, and then clicks the Imagebutton.
- There is an ASP.NET page that contains a menu control.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 11 to access that page, and presses Tab to switch the focus between the menu control and other controls.
<add key="aspnet:UseLegacyBrowserCaps" value="true" />
Command-line switches for this update
How to uninstall this hotfix
Article ID: 2836939 - Last Review: 19-Jun-2017 - Revision: 8