You can cancel one or more items in a Microsoft Store order or pre-order before you're charged or the item has shipped.
- Go to your Order history and find the order or pre-order.
- Select Cancel item next to the item you want to cancel.
- Select the check box next to the item and then choose the Cancel item button.
Check your email inbox for an email confirming the order was canceled. If you don't see the cancellation confirmation in your inbox after a few minutes, check your spam or junk mail folder. If you still don't see a cancellation confirmation email after waiting awhile, contact Microsoft Store support.
If you don't see the Cancel item option, the item has shipped, or you're charged before you can cancel your order, see Returning items you bought from Microsoft for exchange or refund to request a refund. To see your refund status, go to Get the status of your return and refund from Microsoft Store.
Go to Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store for info about how to set a password when you make purchases in Windows 10 or Xbox One. If an unauthorized purchase happens, you may request a refund.
When you're charged for Microsoft Store purchases:
- For digital downloads, you're charged immediately after your purchase.
- For items we ship to you, you're charged when the order is sent to the warehouse.
- For info about when you're charged for pre-orders, see Pre-orders for Microsoft Store.