You can cancel one or more items in a Microsoft Store order or pre-order before you're charged or the item has shipped.
- Sign in to your Order history with your Microsoft account. If you have more than one Microsoft account, sign in to each one to check your order history.
- Find the order or pre-order you want to cancel and select Cancel item next to the item.
- Select the check box next to the item and then choose the Cancel item button.
- Check your email inbox for an email confirming the order was canceled. If you don't see the cancellation confirmation in your inbox after a few minutes, check your spam or junk mail folder. If you still don't see a cancellation confirmation email after waiting awhile, contact Microsoft Store support.
If you want to cancel a Microsoft subscription, see Cancel or turn off recurring billing for a Microsoft subscription.
Request a return for exchange or refund if there's no option to cancel
If you don't see the Cancel item option, the item has shipped, or you're charged before you can cancel your order, see Returning items you bought from Microsoft for exchange or refund to request a refund. To see your refund status, go to Get the status of your return and refund from Microsoft Store.
Go to Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store for info about how to set a password when you make purchases in Windows 10 or Xbox One. If an unauthorized purchase happens, you may request a refund.
When you're charged for Microsoft Store purchases
- For digital downloads, you're charged immediately after your purchase.
- For items we ship to you, you're charged when the order is sent to the warehouse.
- For info about when you're charged for pre-orders, see Pre-orders for Microsoft Store.