This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced this month. Key changes in this update include:
- Fixed issues with authentication, update installation, and operating system installation.
- Fixed issue with Microsoft Edge browser caching visited URLs while using InPrivate browsing.
- Fixed issue that didn't allow simultaneous install of apps from Microsoft Store and updates from Windows Update.
- Fixed issue that delayed the availability of songs added to the Groove Music app in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Improved security in the Windows kernel.
- Fixed security issues that could allow remote code execution when malware is run on a target system.
- Fixed security issues in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 that could allow code from a malicious website to be installed and run on a device.
- Fixed additional issues with the Windows UX, Windows 10 Mobile, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and taskbar.
- Fixed additional security issues with .NET Framework, Windows Journal, Active Directory Federation Services, NPS Radius Server, kernel-mode drivers, and WebDAV.
For more info about the security fixes in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB3135173.