This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability for Windows Explorer, Bluetooth, application deployment service, Microsoft Installer (MSI), Cortana, and OS restart.
- Improved notifications in Start menu when updates need to be installed.
- Improved reliability in launching apps.
- Fixed issue with revised daylight saving time.
- Improved support for apps that work with barcode scanners.
- Fixed issue with video playback in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed issue in resetting password across a domain.
- Fixed additional issues with Internet Explorer 11, times zones in Calendar app, Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle, and .NET Framework.
- Improved security for CSRSS to address security feature bypass.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge , HTTP.sys, Microsoft graphics component, secondary logon, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft XML Core Service, Security Account Manager Remote protocol, .NET Framework, and Windows Hyper V.
For more info about the security fixes in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB314761.